Sunday, February 2, 2014

FETC fun

This week Mrs. Underwood and I had the amazing opportunity to attend FETC (Florida Educator Technology Conference). For REAL! A whole conference dedicated to helping educators embrace technology into our classrooms and inspire this generation of children!  At this conference last year I was sitting in a workshop listening to these educators talk about all the learning opportunities available in a 1-1 Ipad class. I decided that Cunningham Creek had to get on board. I texted our administrator and told him I was very interested in making this happen! He was sitting in a workshop across the hall and he was super supportive of this idea! I had no idea what kind of turn out we would get! Our hoping for one Ipad class turned into 2 full Ipad classes in first grade!
 
This year has been unbelievable so far! I love having the 1-1 class in first grade! It works especially well with our daily 5 rounds! My kids are always engaged! They are taking responsibility for their own learning and deciding what they will learn and how! I love to just sit and look around at them all working and learning...I can't believe it is already half way over! I'm so thankful for YOU ALL (parents) that have made this opportunity a reality! Your support means so much! Sorry I kind of went on a rant:)
 
This year we learned so much more! The great thing about this year at FETC is that we have classrooms that we can implement these new ideas into immediately!

Checking in and picking up our SWAG!
We got to meet Mobi from BrainPOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment